IISER Pune believes in operating on collective wisdom and active participation of all stakeholders.
Various committees steer the development and execution of the institute's activities, in keeping with IISER Pune's Vision. The committees are periodically reconstituted to widen participation, bring in new ideas and develop leadership.
The institute follows the following policy regarding internal leadership:
- The term of office for Chairs of Disciplines, Deans, Co-chairs, Associate Deans is for 3 years.
- There is a co-chair for each of the disciplines existing for 5 years or more.
- The Director appoints the Chairs/Co-chairs through consultations with faculty members of respective disciplines. These appointments are NOT based on seniority or any hierarchy. A second term is possible for the holders of these posts in exceptional cases.
- The sharing of various administrative responsibilities in each discipline is worked out jointly by the Chair and the Co-chair.
- As far as possible, the operative policy is one-person-one post. Certain exceptions may be allowed.
- In terms of the membership, every attempt is made to give representation across the disciplines in various committees.
- All faculty members are encouraged to accept memberships and responsibilities of the committees, as we believe that all beneficiaries are obliged to contribute in the functioning of the institute.
Following is a list of the committees that direct the various activities of IISER Pune, along with their current members:
APEX Committee (This committee comprised of senior professors of the institute, takes major institute/academic policy decisions including appointment of distinguished / visiting faculty, etc)
Chair, Earth Sciences
- Discipline-wise Chairs and Co-Chairs:
Biology - Chair: Prof LS Shashidhara; Co-Chair: Dr Girish Ratnaparkhi
Chemistry - Chair: Dr M. Jayakannan; Co-Chair: Dr S. Hotha
Earth and Climate Science - Chair: Prof Shyam Rai
Mathematics - Chair: Prof A Raghuram; Co-Chair: Dr Steven Spallone
Physics - Chair: Prof Sunil Mukhi; Co-Chair: Dr MS Santhanam
Humanities and Social Sciences - Chair (Acting): Prof LS Shashidhara
Research and Development: Prof Sanjeev Galande
Faculty: Prof Shyam Rai
Doctoral Studies: Dr Amit Hogadi; Associate Dean: Dr Prasad Subramanian
Graduate Studies: Prof G. Ambika; Associate Deans: Dr Soumen Maity, Dr TS Mahesh
Committee on Student Affairs [COSA]: Dr Shivprasad Patil; Associate Dean: Dr SG Srivatsan
- Chair, Curriculum Committee: Prof A Raghuram
- Chair, Purchase Committee: Dr Anjan Banerjee
- Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO): Prof Shyam Rai
- Ombudsman: Prof LS Shashidhara