Student groups from schools, junior & senior colleges, universities, and institutes are welcome to visit IISER Pune.
We have a large campus equipped with lectures halls, teaching as well as research labs with state-of-the-art instruments, housing, dining and recreational facilities, and a well-stocked library. Visitors to the institute get a flavour of research and academic life on campus. We are happy to show to students of various disciplines, instruments and equipment that they may have learnt about but haven't seen. The visiting groups can also be given an opportunity to interact with IISER Pune faculty members from relevant fields. The visits are customised to suit the background and age-group of the students.
Schedule of a typical visit:
1. Such visits usually last for 3-4 hours and are planned in a morning or afternoon session on a working day (Monday to Friday).
2. Students are given an introductory talk about IISER Pune, its philosophy, academic programmes, admission procedures, etc.
3. The group is then given a general tour of the campus.
4. This is followed by a visit to specific labs / instrumentations facilities as per the background and requirement of the students.
5. A talk / interaction with one of our faculty members could be arranged, depending on their availability.
6. The visitors can spend some time exploring the IISER Pune library.
To organize a visit of your school / college group to IISER Pune:
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following points in your email:
- We get a lot of visit requests, so please write to us at least 4-6 weeks in advance.
- Provide information about the background of your students and your institute, and your expectations from the visit.
- Also let us know the number of students and teachers that would like to visit. We can accommodate a minimum of 25 and maximum of 100 visitors at a time.
- Suggest 2-3 dates (working weekdays only) that may be suitable for you.
- We will respond to your email with feasibility of dates and agenda.
- The final programme and dates will be decided as per mutual convenience.