The online application process for the IISER Pune Summer Student Programme 2018
is now complete with the selected and wait-listed applicants informed by email
on 31st March 2018.
We thank you for your interest in the programme. With over 5000 applicants for
about 45 available positions many highly qualified candidates could not be
accommodated, regretfully. For this reason, we are also unable to inform the
unsuccessful candidates individually by email.
The application process for 2019 will commence during Jan-Feb 2019.
We wish you all the best in your research endeavours and hope that you will
keep IISER-Pune on your radar while considering project and PhD options.
Summer Programme Committee
IISER Pune invites applications from research oriented students to participate
in its Summer Student Programme, 2018. Successful applicants will have an
opportunity to participate in the research programmes of IISER-Pune faculty.
Research activities in IISER-Pune span both theory and experiment in biology,
chemistry, mathematics and physics with a strong focus on interdisciplinary
research. These summer projects are also an opportunity for students to
evaluate the suitability of various programmes at IISER-Pune (Integrated PhD
and PhD) for future career choice.
This application form is meant for students of educational institutions other
than those of IISER-Pune.
Summer projects selected through the Indian Academy of Science will not have
to go through this registration process.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Students currently (at the time of application) studying in the
- 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of
B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E or equivalent
- 1st year of M.Sc/M.Tech or equivalent.
Minimum 60% (or equivalent) in overall grades, or 80% in the particular
stream(s) of interest.
Selecting a project for application.
- browse the
list of available projects
and identify your project of interest
- You may go through the webpages of the faculty to confirm that
your interests overlap, and to obtain an idea of their research
- every project has a requirement in terms of knowledge and
skills. Please do not apply for a project that you are not
equipped to undertake. It will be a waste of your time
- If you need further technical information on the project,
send a single email to the concerned faculty. Please do not send
additional emails in the absence of a response.
- You may apply for up to 2 projects
Project duration: 4 - 8 weeks during the period May 15th –
July 15th, 2018.
Applicants must use the web-based
registration form on this page (scroll below) to apply
for the summer programme
- IISER-Pune will support the selected summer students with a (free)
room in the students' hostel.
However, we are unable to provide any
financial support to cover the cost of travel and boarding in the
hostel mess (about Rs. 6000 per month)
- The performance of students will be evaluated at the end of the
project and the same conveyed to their parent institute.
- Please do not contact, either by phone or
by email, the concerned faculty for selection information after you
- The results of the selection process will be conveyed to the
students by March 31st
- Any query regarding this programme may be addressed to
- Any problem with the web-based registration process may also be
addressed to Ramana Athreya at