The online application process is not yet open
It will be open by 10th February and will remain open till the end of the month.
IISER Pune invites applications from research oriented students to participate
in its Summer Student Programme, 2017. Successful applicants will have an
opportunity to participate in the research programmes of IISER-Pune faculty.
Research activities in IISER-Pune span both theory and experiment in biology,
chemistry, earth and climate science, humanities and social sciences,
mathematics and physics with a strong focus on interdisciplinary
research. These summer projects are also an opportunity for students to
evaluate the suitability of various programmes at IISER-Pune (Integrated PhD
and PhD) for future career choice.
This application form is meant for students of educational institutions other
than those of IISER-Pune.
Summer projects selected through the Indian Academy of Science will not have
to go through this registration process.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Students currently (at the time of application) studying in the
- 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of
B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E or equivalent
- 1st year of M.Sc/M.Tech or equivalent.
Minimum 60% (or equivalent) in overall grades, or 80% in the particular
stream(s) of interest.
Selecting a project for application.
- browse the list of available projects and identify your
project of interest
- You may go through the webpages of the faculty to confirm that
your interests overlap, and to obtain an idea of their research
- every project has a requirement in terms of knowledge and
skills. Please do not apply for a project that you are not
equipped to undertake. It will be a waste of your time
- If you need further technical information on the project,
send a single email to the concerned faculty. Please do not send
additional emails in the absence of a response.
- You may apply for up to 2 projects
Project duration: 4 - 8 weeks during the period May 15th –
July 15th, 2017.
Applicants must use the web-based
registration form on this page (when it becomes available) to apply
for the summer programme
- IISER-Pune will support the selected summer students with a (free)
room in the students' hostel.
However, we are unable to provide any
financial support to cover the cost of travel and boarding in the
hostel mess (about Rs. 6000 per month)
- The performance of students will be evaluated at the end of the
project and the same conveyed to their parent institute.
- Please do not contact, either by phone or
by email, the concerned faculty for selection information after you
- Only the selected students will be informed by email by March
31st - therefore incorrect an email address in the form will
result in a lost opportunity.
- Any query regarding this programme may be addressed to
- Any problem with the web-based registration process may also be
addressed to Ramana Athreya at