Applications for admission to Integrated PhD Programme for the batch starting in August 2016 are now closed.
Application Start Date: March 24, 2016 Last Date for Application: April 15, 2016
Only online applications will be accepted.
The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
Last date of Application for all the discipline is 15th April 2016
After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email.
- All communication with candidates will be by email only.
- Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- In case of any application related queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with your application number mentioned on the subject line.
- Candidates who are appearing or about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree program are eligible to apply for Integrated PhD program. However, if selected, their admission would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before 1st August 2016.
- Selection will be based on interviews of the short-listed candidates.
- Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. Depending on the number of applications received, respective departments may use additional criteria (like academic performance and/or ranking in respective national level tests like JAM / NBHM / JEST) to shortlist candidates for interviews.
- There will be two rounds of interviews. Shortlisted candidates from round one will be called for a second round of interview. Candidates should come prepared to stay for at least three days when they come for the interview.
Click the links below to know more about the eligibility criteria and application details of respective disciplines:
- Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in BSc/BTech/BE. (General / BSc/BTech/BE majoring in Chemistry, Physics & Biology) and qualifying additional criteria as given below can apply for Integrated Ph.D. Program in Chemistry 2016.
- Candidates with rank No. 1000 or less in JAM 2016 can apply for the Integrated Ph. D. program in Chemistry.
The applications for the integrated PhD programme in Chemistry (2016) are now closed.
Please email email@example.com for queries.
1. Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in BSc/BTech/BE any specialization and qualifying additional criteria as given below can apply for Integrated Ph.D. Program in Mathematics 2016.
The applications for the integrated PhD programme in Mathematics (2016) are now closed.
- Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in BSc/BTech/BE and qualifying additional criteria as given below can apply for Integrated Ph.D. Program in Physics 2016.
- Candidates satisfying Educational Criteria as above and additionally with rank <= 500 in either JAM (Physics) 2016 or JEST (Physics) 2016 are eligible to apply.
The applications for the integrated PhD programme in Physics (2016) are now closed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for queries.
Candidates eligible to apply based on their score in JGEEBILS and our eligibility criteria have been shortlisted. These candidates will receive a link to the application form via email. Based on this application form and the below listed criteria applicants will be shortlisted for an interview. Candidates selected for the interview will receive a separate email to appear for the interview at the IISER Pune campus. For biology i-PhD admission-related queries, please write to: email@example.com
Additional Eligibility Criteria
1. 60% marks (in aggregate) or equivalent CGPA for General/OBC (55% or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST) in Bachelor's or equivalent degree in any in any one of the following disciplines : Biological Sciences/ Biodiversity/ Chemistry/ Ecology and Environmental Sciences/ Mathematics/ Physics / Psychology.
2. Candidates in the final year of their Bachelor's degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to successful completion of the Bachelor's degree with the above mentioned requirements at the time of admission. (Scheduled start of semester is 1st August 2016)
3. Only online applications are accepted. Incomplete applications will be rejected. All correspondence should be only through email.
Applications for the integrated PhD programme in Biology (2016) are now closed.