IISER Pune offers integrated PhD (i-PhD) as a research programme with a blend of coursework (2 years) and research projects to students who have completed a bachelor's degree in any branch of science. On successful completion, students will be awarded both a Master of Science degree and a PhD degree.
Admissions for the August 2022 batch of the Integrated PhD Programme are now open!
Admissions to the Integrated PhD Programme for August 2022 Batch
NOTE: In view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, interviews may be held online. Clear guidelines or any changes in procedure will be provided to candidates shortlisted for the interviews. The dates of interviews for ALL the disciplines are tentative. Please visit the respective sections of the webpage to know more about interview dates of your discipline/s of interest.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
- Last date of Application will be displayed here.
- After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email.
Please Note / Important Points / Application Criteria
- All communication with candidates will be by email only, on the respective email IDs given below.
- Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- In case of any application related queries, please contact: email@example.com with your application number mentioned on the subject line.
- Candidates who are appearing or about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree programme are eligible to apply for Integrated PhD programme. However, if selected, their admission would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before 31st August 2022.
- Selection will be based on interviews of the short-listed candidates.
- Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC,ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
- For all the national eligibility examinations which provide a common rank / score, the cut-off rank / score for shortlisting for the Interviews for the reserved categories shall be lowered to 1.25 times the General category rank / score.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. Depending on the number of applications received, respective departments may use additional criteria (like academic performance and/or ranking in respective national level tests like JGEEBILS / JAM / NBHM / JEST) to shortlist candidates for interviews.
- There may be more than one round of interviews. Shortlisted candidates from round one will be called for a second round of interview. Candidates should come prepared to stay for at least two days when they come for the interview. (In view of the ongoing pandemic, the interviews may be conducted online. Details will be communicated to shortlisted candidates).