Hostel Management at IISER Pune
It is widely understood that the educational success of a residential programme strongly depends on the campus environment and comfortable living conditions given to the students. This can be possible by provisioning a wide range of facilities, moral and other support to the students. A comprehensive Hostel Management system is the key factor of student’s success. IISER Pune has the following systems and set up of Hostel Management:
This includes Administrative Officer and staff, Warden & Hostel Manager, Faculty and a few students.
- Location - IISER Pune is located in a prominent part of the Pune city with access to several amenities
- Hostel Buildings on campus - Two nine-storied buildings with modern amentities, 24X7 water and electricity supply and fire control system. Separate floors are assigned to boys and girls. A third, new hostel building for women research scholars, constructed with support from Bajaj Auto, has been functional since 2020.
- Living rooms - Well ventilated, supplied with full set of furniture, bed, mattress etc.
- Toilet & Bathroom- Both hot and normal water are available in the restrooms
- Common Room/TV Room/Assembly Room - These rooms are located on different floors convenient to the students. Rooms are well equipped. Common rooms are provided with internet/WiFi facility.
- Others - Sufficient drinking RO/packaged water is made available on each floor. Each floor has washing machine and cloth drying space & stands.
Dining Hall, Food & Refreshments
Outsourced caterers arrange for food and refreshments. Functioning of the Mess is monitored by a Mess Monitoring Committee consisting of staff members, faculty, and students.
- Hostel Managers: Available from Monday to Saturday as follows: Mr. Ramlal Choudhary - 8:15 am to 4:30 pm; Ms. Irfana Kureshi - 11:45 am to 7:15 pm
- Security staff: Available round the clock.
- Housekeeping staff: Available from 06 am to 10 pm in the night
- Maintenance staff: Electrician, Plumber & Carpenter are available 24X7.
- Complaint/Suggestion book: Complaints from students are addressed immediately / as soon as possible. Suggestions are sought and are considered.
- Transport: Outsourced Ambulance, Bus and Light Motor vehicles are available. City Bus stand is in front of IISER Main gate.
- Banking: A branch of ‘State Bank of India’ (SBI) is located nearby. SBI ATM is available in IISER Pune Campus.
Sports, Gymnasium, Music & Cultural Programme
Playgrounds for outdoor games like football, volley ball, basket ball, handball and cricket; and indoor games like table tennis and badminton are available. Annual sport meet and other sports tournaments are organized time to time. A gymnasium and a music room with sufficient instruments and equipment are available in the campus. Cultural programmes are also organised from time to time. Students can participate in social work with local NGOs/social organisations. Students get to take part in cultural events to mark important days like Republic Day, Independence day, and festivals through the year.
- Wellness Clinic- Medical facilities on routine and emergencies are provided by doctors and paramedical staff (nurses). General medicines/sports medicine and first aid are provided 24X7.
- Hospital Facility- Nearby hospitals extend support in treatment on CGHS rates.
- Visit this page for more details on Medical Facilties on campus
Besides parents and relatives of the students, guest like participants of seminars/conference/workshop are also accommodated at the guest house on the campus.
The campus is guarded by security staff 24X7. Students and employees are issued Identity Cards. Entry and exit points are properly monitored.