Ph.D. Programme in Mathematics - January 2024
The Mathematics program at the IISER Pune invites applications from highly-motivated students for admissions to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program for the session January-2024.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or an equivalent C.G.P.A on a 10-point scale (55% or an equivalent C.G.P.A in aggregate for SC,ST and PD candidates) in any Master’s degree or B.E., B. Tech. in related branches satisfying the above criteria of marks can apply.
Additionally, the candidate MUST satisfy any ONE of the following criteria:
- Appeared for NBHM Ph.D. written exam in 2023 and shortlisted for NBHM Ph.D. interviews.
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) with valid* CSIR-JRF/UGC-JRF in Mathematics or Computer Science and Applications.
- Valid* GATE rank (Rank up to 40 for unreserved category candidates, and up to 50 for reserved category candidates) in Mathematics or Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Integrated BS-MS from any of the IISERs with a C.G.P.A more than or equal to 8 out of 10.
(*Validity: The scores/ranks MUST be valid at the time of admission.)
For all the national eligibility examinations which provide a common rank / score, the cut-off rank / score for shortlisting for the Interviews for the reserved categories shall be lowered to 1.25 times the General category rank / score.
Admissions to the MSc Programme in Mathematics- August 2023
The department of Mathematics at IISER Pune invites applications from highly-motivated students for admissions to Master of Science (MSc) programme for the session August-2023.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
1. Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or an equivalent C.G.P.A on a 10-point scale (55% or an equivalent C.G.P.A on a 10-point scale in aggregate for SC, ST, and PwD candidates) in B.Sc. any specialization or B.Tech.
2. (a) Qualified JAM 2023* in MA or MS only. Candidates will be shortlisted based on JAM rank.
2. (b) Qualified NBHM 2023* examination for Masters Scholarships. Candidates will be shortlisted based on NBHM score.
*The rank/ score must be valid at the time of admission.
Candidates in the final year of their Bachelor's degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the Bachelor's degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before May 7, 2023. After the last date, all the applications will be screened and the list of candidates selected for the MSc Mathematics programme will be released.
- All communication with candidates will be by email only, on the respective email ID given below. Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- In case of any application-related queries, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org with your application number mentioned in the subject line.
- Relaxation of eligibility criteria for reserved category applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to the reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be selected. Depending upon the number of applications received, the department may apply additional criteria to select the students.