PhD Programme in Mathematics - January 2022
Candidates selected for the Ph.D. programme (Mathematics) January 2022 session
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or an equivalent C.G.P.A on a 10-point scale (55% or an equivalent C.G.P.A in aggregate for SC, ST and PD candidates) in any Master’s degree or B.E., B. Tech. in related branches satisfying the above criteria of marks can apply.
Additionally, the candidate MUST satisfy any ONE of the following criteria:
- Appeared for NBHM PhD written exam held on August 18, 2021 and shortlisted for NBHM PhD interviews.
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) with valid* CSIR-JRF/UGC-JRF in Mathematics or Computer Science and Applications.
- INSPIRE-PhD fellowship holders. (Should be in possession of Provisional Selection Letter at the time of Interview)
- Valid* GATE rank in Mathematics or Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Qualified for the Prime Minister Research Fellowship, and the fellowship should be valid*.
- Integrated BS-MS from any of the IISERs with a C.G.P.A more than or equal to 8 out of 10.