PhD in Earth and Climate Science- January 2023
**None of the candidates have been selected for PhD programme commencing from January 2023 session**
The department of Earth and Climate Science at IISER Pune invites applications from highly-motivated students for admissions to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme for the session January-2023.
- Geochemistry (under the supervision of Dr. Gyana Ranjan Tripathy)
For details contact Dr. Tripathy
- Glaciology (under the supervision of Dr. Argha Banerjee)
Only candidates with a strong background in undergraduate Physics and Maths, and Computer Programming may apply. The selected candidate is expected to contribute to an Indo-Swiss collaborative project, which starts in 2023, participating in field studies and modelling of debris-covered glaciers in upper Alaknanda basin, Central Himalaya.
- Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or a CGPA of 6 on a 10-point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC, ST and PD candidates) in Master’s (or BS-MS) degree in Geology/Applied Geology/Geophysics/Physics/Mathematics/Ocean Science/Atmospheric Science/ Climate Science/Engineering or related subjects. BE/BTech students may also apply.
Additionally, the candidate MUST have qualified in any ONE of the following exams:
- National Eligibility Test (NET) with valid* CSIR-JRF / UGC-JRF,
- INSPIRE-PhD fellowship* (The candidate must be in possession of provisional selection letter at the time of interview),
- DAE-JEST or GATE with a valid* score.
*The score/rank/award letter MUST be valid at least till February 01, 2023.
2. IISER BS-MS students with major in one of the subjects mentioned above with CGPA >= 8.0
Selection Procedure: Selection will be based on online interviews of the shortlisted candidates.
- Only online application will be accepted.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The department may use additional criteria in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received.