Admissions to the MSc Programme in Geology - August 2022
1. A. Students with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or an equivalent C.G.P.A on a 10-point scale (55% or an equivalent C.G.P.A on a 10-point scale in aggregate for SC, ST, and PwD candidates) in BSc in Geology/Geological Science/Geoscience/Earth Science with Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry course(s) at BSc level. Students should have Mathematics at 10+2 level.
1. B. Qualified JAM 2022 (Geology) with a rank of 500 or less. The rank should be valid at the time of admission. Candidates will be shortlisted based on JAM rank.
Candidates in the final year of their Bachelors degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the Bachelors degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
- After the last date, all applications will be screened and the list of candidates as per their rank will be released.
- All communication with candidates will be by email only, on the respective email ID given below. Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- In case of any application-related queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your application number mentioned in the subject line.
- Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to the reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates if selected.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be selected. Depending upon the number of applications received, the department may apply additional criteria to select the students.