Admissions to the MSc Programme in Geology - August 2023
List of candidates selected for MSc Programme in Geology commencing from 2023 August semester
The department of Earth and Climate Science at IISER Pune invites applications from highly-motivated students for admissions to Master of Science (MSc) programme for the session August-2023.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
1. Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or an equivalent C.G.P.A on a 10-point scale (55% or an equivalent C.G.P.A on a 10-point scale in aggregate for SC, ST, and PwD candidates) in B.Sc. in Geology/Geological Science/Geoscience/Earth Science with Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry course(s) at B.Sc. level. Students should have Mathematics at 10+2 level.
2. Qualified JAM 2023 (Geology)* with a rank of 500 or less. Candidates will be shortlisted based on JAM rank.
*The rank/ score must be valid at the time of admission.
Candidates in the final year of their Bachelor's degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the Bachelor's degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
- After the last date, all the applications will be screened and the list of candidates selected for the MSc Geology programme will be released.
- All communication with candidates will be by email only, on the respective email ID given below. Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- In case of any application-related queries, please contact email@example.com with your application number mentioned in the subject line.
- Relaxation of eligibility criteria for reserved category applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to the reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates if selected.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be selected. Depending upon the number of applications received, the department may apply additional criteria to select the students.