Admissions to the MSc Programme in Chemistry- August 2023
The department of Chemistry at IISER Pune invites applications from highly-motivated students for admissions to Master of Science (MSc) programme for the session August-2023.
Areas of study:
Chemical Biology, Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Quantum Chemistry, Spectroscopy, Main group Chemistry, Transition metal Chemistry, Organometallic Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, etc.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
A. Students with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or an equivalent C.G.P.A on a 10-point scale (55% or an equivalent C.G.P.A on a 10-point scale in aggregate for SC, ST, and PwD candidates) in BSc or an equivalent degree with Chemistry as one of the main subjects.
B. Qualified JAM 2023 (Chemistry). The rank must be valid at the time of admission. Candidates will be shortlisted based on JAM rank.
Candidates in the final year of their Bachelor's degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the Bachelor's degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission.
1. Only online applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
2. The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before April 30, 2023.
After the last date, all applications will be screened and the list of candidates selected for the programme will be released.
1. All communication with candidates will be by email only, on the respective email ID given below. Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
2. In case of any application-related queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your application number mentioned in the subject line.
3. Relaxation of eligibility criteria for reserved category applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to the reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
4. Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be selected. Depending upon the number of applications received, the department may apply additional criteria to select the students.