Admissions for PhD Programme in Data Science - August 2022
For admissions to the PhD Programme in Data Science, interested candidates with a good academic track record satisfying the eligibility criteria below can apply:
- Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in the majoring subject) or an equivalent C.G.P.A on a 10-point scale (55% or an equivalent C.G.P.A in aggregate for SC, ST, and Specially abled candidates PD/VH) in Master’s degree or a four-year Bachelor’s Degree like B.E., B.Tech, or equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related branches.
- In addition to the above, the candidate must have at least one of the following qualifications:
- Qualified a national eligibility exam such as CSIR-JRF, UGC-JRF, DBT-JRF-A, DBT-BINC-JRF, JEST, NBHM, GATE, JGEEBILS, etc. The corresponding score/selection/award letter must be valid for the August 2022 session.
- INSPIRE-PhD fellowship (should be in possession of provisional selection letter at the time of Interview).
- An integrated BS-MS dual degree from any of the IISERs with CGPA ≥ 8.0
Selection procedure: Based on the application forms received, the above-listed criteria, and additional criteria set by the Department, applicants will be shortlisted for interviews. Shortlisted candidates will be screened for admission to the PhD programme through a rigorous evaluation process that includes an interview and other criteria set by a selection committee. The mere application or shortlisting does not guarantee admission into the PhD programme.
Please click here to apply