Admissions to the PhD Programme in Data Science- August 2023
For admissions to the PhD Programme in Data Science, interested candidates with an excellent academic track record satisfying the eligibility criteria below can apply.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
1. Master's degree or a four-year Bachelor's degree like B.E., B.Tech, or equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related branches.
For applicants from General/OBC/EWS category: Applicants must have a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage and not just in the majoring subject) or an equivalent CGPA.
For applicants from SC, ST or PwD category: Applicants must have a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage and not just in the majoring subject) or an equivalent CGPA.
Students whose final results in Master's or equivalent are yet to be declared can also apply. However, if selected, the offer for these students will be provisional, subject to their fulfilling the above criteria at the time of admission.
2. In addition to the above, the candidate MUST have at least one of the following qualifications:
a. Qualified a national level eligibility exam such as CSIR-JRF, UGC-JRF, DBT-JRF-A, DBT-BINC-JRF, JEST, NBHM, GATE, JGEEBILS, etc. The corresponding score / selection / award letter must be valid at least till 31 August 2023.
b. INSPIRE-PhD fellowship
(Should be in possession of provisional selection letter at the time of interview).
c. An integrated BS-MS dual degree from any of the IISERs with CGPA ≥ 8.0
For all the national level eligibility examinations which provide a common rank / score, the cut-off rank / score for shortlisting for the Interviews for the reserved categories shall be lowered to 1.25 times the General category rank / score.
- Based on the application forms received, the above-listed criteria, and additional criteria set by the Department, applicants will be shortlisted for interviews. Shortlisted candidates will be screened for admission to the PhD programme through a rigorous evaluation process that includes an interview and other criteria set by a selection committee.
- The mere application or shortlisting does not guarantee admission into the PhD programme. IISER Pune reserves the right to use other / more stringent criteria for the purpose of shortlisting candidates for the interview and for the PhD program.
- Only those candidates who have been shortlisted for the interview stages will be informed of further details. Therefore, all candidates are requested to check this page regularly for updates.
Application Form: Please click here to apply.
Note: Only online application will be accepted.